Saturday, September 8, 2012

Perks of being a teacher...

Being a teacher has some pretty cool perks.  The one I am absolutely loving right now is spending my weekend with a cold.  My OD on Vitamin C and staying hydrated are no match for the lovely present my students bring to me every day.  GERMS!  headache inducing, throat scratching, eye watering, nose stuffing germs.  Aren't I lucky?  I bet you are super jealous.

Here are my blessings from this lovely present:
1. Laying in bed reading a book (I just finished Reality Check by Karen Tuft,  I highly recommend to all of you LDS ladies)
2. Listening to music and actually listening to the lyrics.  This is great for my obsession with Imagine Dragons and the fact that they just released a new album.  I have to say some of their songs took on an Owl Cityish sound, but it works for them!
3. I have had a lot of time to contemplate life, and, as my good friend Jeremy has recently found, this often leads to crying.  No worries.  Most of these tears are tears of joy and feeling blessed.
4. imgur and Pinterest have had my devout attention for the past hour.
5. I am falling in love with ginger candy
My attempt at a smile with a pounding head ache

Maybe I will attempt actually doing something productive now.  Maybe....


No comments:

Post a Comment