Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saved for the last days

As most of you know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints announced that young men in all countries can now go on a mission at the age of 18 after graduating high school and that young women may go on missions at 19.

I had the huge blessing to be in the conference center this morning when President Monson made this announcement.  The shock was huge, but even better, the feeling around us was HEAVENLY.  The spirit was strong, testifying that this change is what God wants.  I have never in my life had so many goosebumps.

I sat there next to my brother Ben.  He is 14.  He is a huge example to me.  This is his first year in seminary.  Every single day he is so excited to share with me what he has learned and he often shares his testimony of the principles of this church.  His testimony is simple but super pure and strong.  Much stronger than mine was at his age and most of the young men I grew up with.

These "children" are strong.  They know things that I am still trying to grasp.  These valiant young men and young women are going to bring forth a huge conversion on this earth.  I can't wait to see this valiant army of missionaries go out and serve the Lord.

Who knows.  Maybe this will help open up China!

I love General Conference, and I can't wait to hear all the amazing things the Lord has prepared for us to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment