Monday, September 26, 2011

Forget-Me-Not

This past weekend has been one of the best I have had for a long time.  It wasn't because I spent lots of time playing and being involved with Aggie activities, it was because I watched the General Relief Society meeting and also taught relief society in my ward.  Focusing on the gospel makes my life so much better.


So basically I was reminded a lot of the things in my life that need focus.  I was reminded what it means to be a virtuous woman in God's kingdom and that I need to cling to relief society.  I need to have more charity that is focused around the pure love of Christ.  I must cleave to my covenants and I will find joy and protection.  


The most amazing part of this meeting was President Uchtdorf's message.  He used the symbol of a forget-me-not flower to represent the things we as women in the church need to always remember.  
1. Forget not to be patient with myself (this is the hardest thing for me)
2. Forget not a good sacrifice or a foolish one
3. Forget not to be happy now
4. Forget not the why of the gospel
5. Forget not that the Lord love me
One thing President Uchtdorf said that really touched me was that we are closer to heaven then we suppose.


The messages from this meeting make me so exciting for the upcoming general conference.  I feel like I learn so much from the talks given at this time and I feel I will find a lot of comfort listening to the words of the prophets this coming weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment