Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sundays make me so happy!

Sunday.  This day is what gets me through the tough weeks.  I love when my day is devoted to focusing on my savior Jesus Christ.  I have decided I want to strive to give everyday a better "Sunday" feeling.


My day started off with going to the institute to listen to my good friends Chris and Kenny speak.  I love them both and they both said some great things that have really impressed me.  I then came home to a wonderful breakfast made by the boys downstairs.  You know you are loved when your neighbors make you breakfast just because.  Going to church always makes life easier.  We had a fantastic lesson about genealogy and we focused a lot on the temple and the ordinances done there.  It makes me so excited for the time when I get to participate in those temple ordinances.  


After church a group of us went to an assisted living center and sang hymns to the residents there.  I love the opportunity I have to share my testimony to these people through singing.  We may not sound like the Tabernacle Choir but we are just as passionate.  There are so many residents there that I truly have come to love.  Many of them have hard trials to deal with everyday but they always have a smile for us.  


Tonight we had a CES fireside.  Elder and Sister Oaks spoke.  I love that I can have answers to questions so easily as long as I take the time to listen.  Of course no CES fireside is complete without mention of dating and marriage.  This time Sister Oaks gave us insight in how to make our lives better as single young adults to prepare for the time when we do get married.


My Sundays are never complete without some time spent with my best friend Davin.  I am so grateful I have such amazing friends who always know exactly what to say when I need it.  So many people have made my Sunday so amazing.  You know who you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment