Saturday, November 26, 2011

Follow the yellow brick road!

There are a lot of movies that take me back to childhood but the Wizard of Oz is probably one of the ones I love most.

When I was younger, Jordan and I would watch this movie a lot.  He loved loved loved the cowardly lion, and we both loved watching the Wicked Witch of the West melt in the end (weird I know).

This movie wasn't always happy for me.  I used to think the flying monkeys lived in my basement.  I refused to go down by myself.  I thought they lived in the furnace room and would attack me if I went down there alone.

Once in third grade we did the play Christmas in Oz.  I was picked to be Dorothy!  My best friend Jamie played Toto.  That was so much fun and the best part was I got to wear ruby slippers.  Yep! They were even sparkly!
These ones are from Sears.com but this is exactly what they looked like!
I once had an institute teacher liken the Plan of Salvation to the Wizard of Oz... If you ponder it for a bit I bet you could see the connections.  (hint: Toto is compared to the Holy Ghost)

If you're looking for a good movie I highly recommend this one!
My only question is:
Pinned Image
Source: Pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment