Monday, January 16, 2012

Love

"love lifts us up where we belong"


This statement is very true, but lately I have seen that love pulls us down and makes us stupid.


I recently had a conversation about love with a friend.  They had ended a relationship and were regretting it.  They wanted the person they love back.  The major problem is that the person they love has entered a new relationship.  My first reaction in this case is to just move on, but the love this person has for the other person is way to strong for my friend to let it go.  They keep talking to the person and trying to win them back.  In my opinion it is becoming pathetic.  They just need to move on!


I was thinking about all of this and then I realized I am being just as stupid.  I have been so in love with a guy for so long and not allowed myself to let it go.  I tell my family and friends that I have moved on, I don't love him anymore, but deep inside I know that I am holding on to him.  I don't go to him and tell him I want him back.  I can't do that.  But I am stupidly hurting myself.  I need to move on!


So, I am going to move on.  I am going to extinguish that love and make room in my heart for the next man to enter my life.  It is going to hurt for a while, it always does, but in the end I will be a better person because of it.  Even now as I think about it my heart physically aches for them.  


If you have any tips let me know.  I will take all the help I can get.







No comments:

Post a Comment