Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You're Gonna Miss This

So the subject of this post is totally cliche but oh well.  Last night I was sitting on the couch in my old apartment and life hit me in the face.  I am a high school graduate, and three months away from being a college graduate.  When did I get this old? (I say this and I can hear my aunts laughing at me)  But really.  I feel like I was in 8th grade and walking down the halls of my junior high only a year ago.  I have always looked forward to the future and a lot of times I forget to focus on the present.


I remember thinking when I was a freshman in college that graduating was forever away and I felt like I would never get there.  Now I look back and think it wasn't long enough.  I have spent so much time looking toward the future that I have forgotten to really appreciate the good times of the present.  I have a lot of memories from life but I don't think I have really appreciated those moments until now.


This time of the year we always focus on goals and resolutions.  So here is my one big goal.  I am going to focus more on the present and live more for the moment.  I am going to record these moments more often.  I am going to slow down and live day by day, not always looking at next year or the years after that.  I am going to fill my life with good times and let the future come when it wants to, even let it surprise me.


This all sounds very Trace Adkins, I know.  So for your listening pleasure:


No comments:

Post a Comment