Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Single Life: Speed Dating Edition

I think someone should do a formal study on singles wards.  I love people watching and going to singles activities can really be a great place to do this.  Dating can be an awkward thing and it becomes more awkward in a church setting, but it sure is exciting to watch!

If your dating life isn't awkward enough I suggest Speed Dating.  I wonder who invented this concept.  I mean, really.   If people keep doing it, it must be working for some people somewhere. 

A description of my night:
  • The awkward moment when the guy keeps saying your name while he talks to you and you have already forgotten his name....
  • Asking a guy if he is going to school or working and he answers "I am a gamer" (what does that term really mean? cause it screams "I am a life waster" to me)
  • The embarrassing moment when the guy knows your name already and tells you about a memory they have of you and you don't remember them AT ALL!
  • The embarrassing moment when a boy you were in love with in junior high sits down and doesn't even know who you are
  • The guy who really connected with the girl right before you and continues to talk to her after he moves to the seat across from you...
A description of the things I observed:
  • Girl interested, guy not but he is too nice to stop talking to her
  • Young, flirty girls attract old, equally flirty men
  • Stalking at its finest
  • There are usually 2 girls for every guy at church events
  •  I'm only 22 and I am already one of the "old" women
  • Girls eat less ice cream in front of guys
Oh the fun adventures of the single life.  I have plenty to share.

Also, a little tip for the guys:
Never ever tell a girl how many girlfriends you have had.  It is not something that impresses us.


No comments:

Post a Comment