Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm a Bookworm

So I love to read.  I would read a book a day if I had the time.  Some days I set aside for just reading.  Like today.  I worked until noon and have done nothing else but read.   My aunt often shares her book purchases from Deseret Book with my mom.  My mom will read them and then I get to read them if I want.  They are always stories about LDS girls around my age trying to figure out life.  They often help me see the humor in my life.  So the book I have been reading today is

I am liking it a lot so far.  The beginning was a little tough for me to get through.  Her life is too much like mine.  College graduate, living at home, searching for a place to start her career while working at a dead end job.  She just got out of a failed relationship with a guy who happens to have the same name as the guy I most recently had a failed relationship (you will have to read the book to get that information).  

I haven't finished the book yet, but I am close.  I am at the part when things are finally starting to work out for her.  This little piece of fiction is giving me hope that one day my life will be a little bit more successful.  One day.  For now I can focus on the other things that are happening right now and make the best of them.  This story has also inspired me to make a new friend.  A girl.  Boys are easy friends to make.  I am going to get out of my comfort zone and find a new girl friend.  Yay for adventures!


1 comment: