Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm Going Nowhere Fast

This stage in my life can be pretty fun.  Okay, it is always fun.  Sometimes it does get old though.  Today was a great reminder of that.  Baby shower for a friend who is almost 2 years younger than me, what a great way for the world to say "why are you so slow?"  Madi, Shay, and I were sitting there talking like we do because we are bestest friends.  I take a look around and what do I see? Pregnant women, women holding their babies, and older women who have already had a lot of babies and are on to their grandchildren.  The 3 of us were the minority in this group.

So, you think it would be comforting having Shay and Madi with me.  Well it was, but not a whole lot.  Wanna know why?  Well because in 21 days Shay is going on a mission.  She has a purpose in life for the next 18 months.  Madi has a most fantabulous boyfriend and her single days are coming to a close.  Me... well... I uh... got nothing.

Reality has hit, and I have a plan.  I am on a quest to find my purpose in life.  I am going to be brave and take chances when I am prompted.  (Even if this means I talk to that really cute boy that I have a huge crush on)  I'm going to do it!  PURPOSE! You better be prepared because I am coming for you!  Full force with the Lord by my side!


No comments:

Post a Comment