Saturday, August 18, 2012

Let's Play Catch-up

It has been a crazy two weeks!  Two Mondays ago my uncle Mark had a stroke and on Wednesday he left us to go be with our Father in Heaven.  On Saturday our family caravanned down to Arizona for the funeral and to see our family.  This trip was very long and emotional but one of the best experiences I have ever had.       It was amazing to see how blessed our family is even in a time that should be tragic.  Sunday we spent the evening at the viewing.  The strength of my aunt Roxanne and all of my cousins helped me a lot.  I have a favorite cousin.  His name is Shawn.  We get along really well even though he is 3 almost 4 years younger than me.  I don't get to see him often because he lives in Mesa, but it just makes the times I do see him that much more special.  Even though he does not have his dad with him here on this earth, he has found numerous blessings that have come from Uncle Mark's death.  I think my tears from this trip dried me out for a few months.

Monday after the funeral we left for Saint George.  We stayed with my great aunt and uncle.  While we were driving there I got a phone call from my very good friend Shannon.  She is also a FACS teacher.  She got a full time position at another school and wanted to talk to me about applying for her job at Wahlquist Jr. High.   I called the principle the next day and set up an interview.  This last Thursday I went in for my interview and by 3 pm that day I had a teaching job!  I am really excited and nervous.  School starts Wednesday.  I have never taught junior high before.  Yesterday I spent the day in new teacher meetings and met all of the CTE people for the district.  I know I am in the right place.  Growing up in this district brings a lot of comfort to me because I am already familiar with the people I will be working with.  After my meetings I spent some time in my new classroom.  I have a feeling this is going to be a crazy ride!

You know what I have learned from all of this? God has a timeline for us.  We may not understand it or like it, but He knows where we need to be.  After all of the heartbreak and disappointment of the summer He has led me to what I really should be doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment