Monday, October 14, 2013

It's Your Birthday? Let's Make a Weekend of it!

Sunday was my birthday.  The big TWO-FOUR!

Let me tell you what!  I am not where I thought I would be at this age.  It is a good thing Heavenly Father knows what He is doing cause I would have totally messed up my life map if it was up to me alone.

I have a lot of blessings in my life and this was very evident this weekend.

Weekends are the best part of the week so I was extremely happy my birthday fell on the weekend.

This is what went down:

Friday night my friends and I had a bonfire.  We roasted hot dogs and mallows and sat around being all "kumbaya" and junk.  It was tender.  This was followed by hilarious rounds of Mafia (this game is what we do best).  At one point in the night Kels and I had a dance party in the bathroom.  Yeah we cool!  I'm such a lucky girl!  I have so many great friends that I get to spend SOOOO much time with.

Saturday morning was a Spencer kind of day.  They tend to be lately.  We made Belgian waffles.  They were delish!  Spence and I make dang good food.  Then we painted.  It's our thing.  Pics of the finished product coming soon!  This was followed by puppy cuddle time with Lilo and Stitch (basically I had no idea I could be so in love with dogs).  Jim's Burgers for lunch!  It was so great.

My brother's fiance had a wedding shower Saturday evening.  I met some of her family.  We played girly games and ate great food.  The usual wedding shower junk.  (So fyi I detest party showers of all kinds.  They are girly and squeely, and GIRLY!  The sacrifices I make for the people I love!)

This shower was followed by a GUYS NIGHT!  I LOVE GUYS NIGHT!  Spencer, Colby, Tanner, Graham and I went and saw "Gravity."  I hated it.  They all loved it.  That is usually how it goes.  Wouldn't change it for the world!  These men are my rock.

Sunday means church and my actual day of birth.  Of course it was great.  Lots of birthday hugs and loves.  All followed by a Linger Longer!  Cake, cookies, ice cream, delish junk like that.

Then came nap time.  I LOVE nap time!  I never get nap time anymore.  Who sleeps through their birthday?  This girl!  We had family dinner and presents and cake and ice cream.  I was so lazy all day.  It was PERFECT.

This gonna be a great year folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment