Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Fantabulous Life!

Mondays are not usually my favorite day of the week but this one is going to be hard to top!


So my day started with going to class at 8 am.  As far as Secondary Education classes go, mine is pretty bomb diggity.  Basically I am really learning how I can be the best teacher in the world!  This brings me much excitement!  Can't you guys picture me as your favorite high school teacher ever?  This is my new goal in life. Be the favorite teacher!


The rest of my day was devoted to FCS and all the fun that comes along with it.  SOO, every semester we put on a fashion show with the Dress and Humanities class on campus.  The theme is recycle.  Recycle but fashion show equals EPIC!  When I have pictures from last night I will make sure I put them up!  So right after my class I went to the Family Life building and started preparing for this awesome day!  Lets just say carrying a bunch of stuff across campus really gives you a great workout!  I am sore today!


At noon a group of FCCLA high school students from around Utah came up to participate in a Leadership Conference we put on for them!  This got me totally pumped to teach!  I love high school kids.  Sure they can push your buttons but for the most part they are really fun to be around!  The best part is I am a cool college girl and became an instant role model to them.  I love the chance I get to mold young minds!  As part of the workshop, the students were given a challenge.  They were given a garbage bag full of... well garbage.  They had 40 minutes to come up with an outfit with the materials they were given.  Lets just say high school kids are really creative!  They came up with some sweet designs.  They had the opportunity to models those designs in our fashion show!  Basically those models were struttin their stuff, showin off to the college boys.  It was hilarious!  


So now that I have told you about the fashion show I will tell you some actual details.  So we set up for the show throughout the day.  The setup this year was by far the best we have ever had.  We were able to have around 940 chairs set up in the TSC Ballroom.  We filled all of them!!  We are always successful in our shows, but this one really raised the bar.  Our judges this year were Dean Noelle Cockett, the dean of the College of Ag, her daughter Shantal, Troy Chilcott, the only male member of our major, two of the national FCCLA representatives and Joel Dewberry and his lovely wife!  If you have not heard of Joel Dewberry you are missing out.  He is basically my favorite fabric designer ever!  The best part is that he is local!  He lives in Perry!  Here is just a sample of his wonderful work!


MM DBMM DBMM DBMM DBMM DB
Isn't his work just so wonderful???  We were so privileged to have him attend our event.  Here is a link to his webpage! http://www.joeldewberry.com/


So after the fashion show, Liz and I went to the paint dance!  It. Was. Awesome!  We got covered, and I mean covered in the watery paint.  We pushed our way to the front and danced the night away.  It really was a blast.  I will post pictures when Liz sends them to me.  


Basically yesterday is going to be really hard to top! I love my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment