Sunday, May 27, 2012

Family Names

So my family is just sitting in our living room chatting and randomly my father says "if I can have any say never name any of your children Tony."  I think this came after Em talked about naming her children after her favorite Real Salt Lake players...  So then we got on the subject of family names.

My first name really didn't come from anywhere in particular.  My middle name, Jan, came from the shortened form of my grandma Janet and the female form of John (that is my dad's real first name, most people don't know that though, everyone calls him Troy).

So now I am looking at my pedigree chart at the names I like and would possibly name children after.
Here are a few:

Girls:

Flora
Viola
Mercy
Ruby
Adeline

Boys:

Jack
Ernest
Hyrum
Merlin
Nicholas
Willis

Honestly not many great boy names... maybe my mystery husband will have something to offer in that area.

Where does your name come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment