Monday, June 24, 2013

Me? Practically Friendless?

This life is funny.  It changes in an instant.  It starts getting really good.  Everything seems to be going my way.  Then BAM!  Just as I am about to get comfortable on my supersize chocolate rhinoplush lovesac I fall back and instead of landing on fluffy heaven the lovesac bursts and durafoam goes everywhere.  I am left on my back with the lifeless lovesac outline that once was filled with perfect friendship comfort.

I know this is how life works.  Our friends move on.  They get in relationships.  They get in fights.  They leave for better things.  But just because it is normal does not make it less painful.  This painful is what I am experiencing now.

Luckily Heavenly Father knows what you do need.  His plan is perfect.  Just take a second to think about it.

He knew that this would happen, that my best friend would cut me out of his life, that my other friends would find people to fill their lives and my friendship would become unnecessary.  He was preparing me.  He timed this so that I wouldn't fall onto a lifeless lovesac.  Instead he replaced my supersize sac with the citysac.  Smaller but still comfortable.  I am left with Rachael, Jamie, and Kelsey.  Rachael and Jamie are like my sisters.  Our friendship is so deep.  For a few years neither one of them was a big part of my life.  We lived in different cities (countries in Jamie's case), but Heavenly Father brought them back to me.  Kelsey and I are just so perfect together.  Our short friendship is stronger than many of my other friendships.  Kindred spirits and junk.

So you see, I am not totally friendless.  I have many friends, but my close friend group has dropped in numbers.  But guess what!? I sense new friends are on their way.  So good luck to my old friends!  R, J & K are stuck with me for now.  Heavenly Father has a plan.  It is exciting to see where it guides me.


No comments:

Post a Comment